Thursday 31 July 2014

Man Cave or should I say Hobby Space?

Now that presentation is out of the way, let's post about the place where it all happens, the place where I will most likely spend quite a few sleepless nights to take this project to fruition: my own hobby man cave!



Those photos are from a year ago, when we had recently moved to our current house. Everything looks tidy and perfect. Lots of Games Workshop on the shelves and quite a lot of space yet in the room. That is not a proper man cave. It needs some chaos and madness thrown in with just enough order into the chaos to allow you to find the right tools and colours while you are working. 

Fast forward a year and let's see how it looks... Warning!

Posting the current mess on the Internet could cause injury (to me). Click Publish and hope for the best!



So, now the Warmachine models have taken over the shelf space, the table is full of tools, paints, brushes and all sorts of stuff and even some models in different stages of assembly. Better lighting, more paints, more models, new airbrush, more chaos... fun times.

Another addition is a secondary working area for my miss but I tend to invade that space all the time when I am working alone. I reckon that (specially after posting it publicly) another tidy up session is coming soon which is not a bad thing at all I guess.

Enough for now, in the next entry I will be (finally) showing some painted models. If this blog is going to show the painting progress of the army I guess that means that I also need to set a goal. As I still don't have the details of the tournaments regarding point size limit of the armies, format and all of that I cannot have a detailed list of models to use but I will try to focus on what I feel is more likely to be used.

Some final thoughts... if it is shared with my girlfriend is it still a man cave? Pound on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment